Mustangs

October 26th - We screened at Dan's alma mater, Downers Grove South. Despite having attended screenings there before, something got to me this time and made me teary. Maybe it was because there were 9 Carillon residents who joined me to save lives. We all dressed in blue.

I thought of all of the times I dropped Dan off at school before he had a car, yelling "I love you" to embarrass him. It didn't. He yelled it right back. I saw a girl who looked like Jaime Drendel. I was glad to let her know - thank you Facebook. It took me back to so long ago when life seemed so full of possibilities with the kids.

I was honored to screen AnneMarie, Barbara Erickson's granddaughter. She even recognized me. So sweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading with the first graders

Check out my muscles

Carillon Cares